Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More or Less...


Recovering from the crash has been more problematic than I’d bargained for. Fortunately, I’m back at 100%, more or less, and everything seems to be working. More or less.

Since the system was wiped and reloaded, I’m dealing with odd little quirks that I’d never experienced prior to the crash. For example, the speaker adjustment controls work, but I get no display of the volume slider; the Microsoft Word cut & paste commands don’t work consistently; and I lost every single address in my Outlook email address book.

Having said that, at least I’m able to do my job(s). Now the real fun begins. From three solid days of downtime, I know I’ll be in catch-up mode for a week or more. The office and photography system upgrade I’ve written about so much is indeed in my future and should happen this fall. Accordingly, I’ll try to limit my laments against technology, but I make no promises.

I’ve also come to the conclusion that my computer didn’t show me the “Blue-Screen-of-Death” as such, but gave me the “Blue-Screen-Finger” instead.

**********************************************************

As you may guess, not much has been happening in terms of photography. I have a studio shoot scheduled for this coming Saturday with a lovely, brand new model and I’m looking forward to it immensely. It seems that most of my thinking about photography has invariably led to me thinking of the crash and my stored data, and I suppose that’s not a bad thing. But after dealing with all of last week’s events, getting back in studio with my cameras and a fresh new body with which to work is just the break I need.

**********************************************************

Here’s something different with Anna, shot in the fall of ’08.

No comments:

Post a Comment