Thursday, February 11, 2010

Crash Update...

Well, some good news for a change.

The BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) I was experiencing is due to a broken chain of code in Windows. The tech explained that trying to repair the code is typically unsuccesful. His suggestion was to wipe the hard drive and reload. As I'm relying on his expertise, and understood very little of what he told me when he called to explain the problem, I'm inclined to agree.

He assured me that wiping the disc would solve the issue and that my data would be backed up and transferred, all done hopefully sometime today. Then, it's up to me to reload software/programs such as PhotoShop, Quickbooks, AVG, etc.

The last suggestion he made was for me to re-format my back-up drive, as I've likely been backing up corrupted data unknowingly, but I'm not too sure how comfortable I am in doing this. I'm especially uncomfortable continuing to use a drive that may have had corrupted data stored on it. For peace of mind's sake, a new external hard drive for system back-up may be in my future.

If all goes well, I'll have my pre-crash entry posted, along with more images from Bolton Street by tomorrow.

Stay tumed!

No comments:

Post a Comment