Friday, December 31, 2010

Turn the Page...


After reviewing my blog posts for 2010, I was almost at the point of thinking I could simply cut and paste my blog entry from the end of 2009. After all, little has changed.

I still don’t make resolutions. As I wrote in my last 2009 entry:

I forge ahead in life, trying to recall lessons learned before making the same mistake again. Or, I apply knowledge gained during the passing year to make things better in the coming year. Harnessing the processes of wanting to do better, be smarter, wiser, and to do one’s best in everything one does is, at least for me, the best way to go. I see it as more natural, more instinctive.

And so it goes for 2011.

I would have to say that I did experience some worthy achievements in 2010, at least where photography is concerned. I began using all natural light and relatively unstructured environments (at least when compared with the often sterile setting of the studio) for my sessions. In the process, I believe I did some of the best work I’ve done in a decade or more. I resolutely ended my relationship with film, insofar as to accept that my days of working with it and in the darkroom were at an end. Some may not understand how or why I would count that as a worthy achievement. Trust me it is.

Thus, I look forward to 2011 and to the new hope for creative inspiration that it brings. I hope you’ll stay with me, and tell your friends. The more, the merrier.

******************************************************

And so comes the time where I extend a personal “thank-you” to those that follow and read this blog. Your interest and support of my work is appreciated more than you’ll ever know. If you’re a reader, please become a follower so I know you’re here. If you don’t want to be a ‘formal-follower’, please drop me a line to say hi.

For a variety of reasons, I’m looking at moving this blog to WordPress. Chief among them are the fact I’ve always been bothered by the Content Advisory page Blogger/Google require for any blog containing nudity, regardless of intent. So, after talking some with my web persona and reviewing other WordPress blogs, I’ve decided to give it a go. In fact, today’s entry will be published at the WordPress blog in duplicate. The WordPress URL is:

http://www.billballardphotography.wordpress.com

I’m still working through the administrative processes and such with the site. So far though, I like it. Take a look and tell me what you think. If it looks good enough, and the responses are positive enough, then I will begin 2011 entries on the WordPress blog. Regardless, I'm planning to leave this blog here, as it is.

Here’s to a happy and prosperous 2010!

******************************************************
Here is one from the last West Hall Street session of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment