Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Coping Mechanism...

Life remains and moves fast.

The day job is keeping me busy, and the need to earn cash and then immediately redistribute it is overwhelming. There has been little time for other pursuits, photography among them. I’m two sessions behind in editing, and I’m shuffling my planned shooting schedule around, pushing dates back on the calendar closer and closer to spring and the start of ‘tan-line’ season. Not that I’m complaining; far from it. I’m grateful to be busy; and as strange as it sounds, grateful to have an income to redistribute.

My primary concern is I’m not devoting the time to my photography work that it both demands and deserves; this is especially true for the figurative work . I’ll get there; I’ll get the edits done and images in gallery inventories for sale, and images on this blog for all to see. Still, it bugs me. I feel almost guilty.

**********************************************************

Come One, Come All....

...and tell a friend or two. Horizon Gallery, my current sole representation, is having an artist’s reception on Friday, April 16th from 5pm-8pm and on Sunday, an open house, from 3pm-7pm. All are invited; feel free to spread the word. The gallery is located at 206 East Bay Street, Savannah, Ga.

**********************************************************

One from Megan’s first studio session.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the overwhelming part - photography squeezed in between paying job, family, obligations, etc. But you do nice work. Don't give it up.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John -

    Your input and support is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete